Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We finally found it!

ANCESTRY UPDATE
  • The only burial record we've ever had of my GGGG grandmother (Susanah McDade Merrill) listed her in the Leon Cemetery with her brother-in-law, Jacob Merrill. Brett and I scoured Leon Cemetery from front to back, but never found anything that mentioned her. I emailed a 3rd cousin* (once removed, to be exact!) and he told me that he found her gravesite in the Goodhope Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery several years ago. My immediate family (and NUMEROUS ancestors) are buried at Good Hope, but we never noticed her headstone. It turns out that she remarried a David Holland the same year she obtained a divorce from my GGGG grandfather William Merrill. She was buried (as Susanah Holland) directly behind her son Jacob Perry Merrill and his wife Elefare Parrish Merrill.
Susanah McDade Merrill Holland
1810 - 1875


Jacob Perry Merrill (Left) Susanah Holland (Center) Elefare Parrish Merrill (Right)


*Ron Head, Montgomery, AL
(Thanks for all the information, Ron!)


No comments: