Sunday, March 29, 2009

Psalm 112:7

It has been one of those weeks that makes me want to drop to my knees and cry out in defeat.

I am tired and I feel helpless. I feel frustrated and fearful.

My grandfather was rushed from rehab to a local hospital after suffering from chest pains. Thankfully, the doctors don't feel that he suffered another heart attack and they don't think his body is rejecting the new valve. We're still waiting on the final test results and we're hopeful that they will be clear.

We learned on Friday that Brett's grandmother's cancer is more advanced than we initially knew. She is currently unaware of this and I'm not sure when her children will tell her. At this time it does appear that the cancer drug is working, but the doctors have no idea how much time it will give her.

I've not mentioned it on my blog before, but I have several work related issues going on right now and it appears that it's all coming to a head in the next couple days. I received a phone call while we were at church that confirmed my suspicions. Please be in prayer that whatever the outcome may be, it WILL be God's will. He knows what our next steps will be and He'll be the one to guide us.

He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
Psalm 112:7

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kaden Update

I had actually been working on another post when I got a Kaden update that I wanted to pass along. We really covet your prayers for this precious baby boy. The road ahead is going to be a long one and our fear is that this is just one of many obstacles he'll have to face.

The doctors found the source of his infection - his shunt. They had to perform surgery yesterday to remove the shunt and manually drain the fluid that had collected. Instead of a broad spectrum antibiotic, he's on one that should specifically fight this infection. The doctors said that if the infection has cleared up in 7 - 10 days they'll do another surgery to re-install the shunt. He'll then have to completely recover from the second surgery before they'll even think about letting him come home.

We have a few specific prayer requests at this time.

- That the infection will clear up and the next shunt surgery will go well

- That C will have the strength and peace to get through these next few weeks

- That C will be surrounded by people who have her and Kaden's best interests at heart and can give her the moral support she needs

- That Kaden will be completely healed by His hands

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Baby Kaden...

Precious Kaden has had a couple of setbacks over the past few days and is need of as many prayers as we can summon. Those who have read my blog or follow Angie on Twitter knew that we were expecting Kaden to come home on Thursday. Unfortunately, his shunt began to leak and he has developed an infection that the doctor's have been unable to isolate. As of this morning, he started to run a high fever and his neurologist still didn't know what was causing the fever/infection. C has been spending as much time in the NICU as she physically can and she's worn out. Because of Kaden's infection and the risk of further contamination, no one else is allowed to go in there with him to give her a small break. We also covet prayers for her peace and strength.

I'm honored to introduce you to the precious miracle who has kept defying the odds...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In His time...

I want to start off by giving a wonderful update on my friend C and her precious baby boy. Kaden was born on March 9 at 8:07 a.m. and was a 7lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long. Not too shabby for being 3 weeks early! He had surgery at 3:00 that same afternoon and made it through like a trooper. To top it all off, we learned yesterday that he's coming home on Thursday. Thank you Jesus for your beautiful mercy!

Brett and I have been praying for some very specific things the past couple months. As a part of that journey, we had the distinct pleasure of spending this past weekend with our new friends Angie and Todd. They are truly some of the nicest people you will ever meet. You can't help but love them as soon as you meet them!

Brett and I have some very big changes coming up in the near future, so please pray that above all else that we are led where He wants us to be and that He receives all the Glory.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Heavenly Father, we seek your strength.

Today's post has nothing to do with the past, but everything to do with the future.

A very good friend of mine, C, is currently 36 weeks pregnant with a precious baby boy named Kaden. C learned early on in her pregnancy that Kaden had spina bifida myelomeningocele. As soon as he is born, he'll under-go surgery to repair his exposed spinal cord and to place shunts in his brain to drain excess fluid. I won't go into more detail without her permission, but please be on your knees in prayer for this precious little baby and his very strong mother.

Lord, we seek your guidance and strength. We cannot do this on our own.