Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Introducing...

I just realized that I've not included many pictures of our wonderful family. I'd like to spend a few minutes to introduce you to Brett's step-mother (my wonderful mother-in-law), Marlene. Jim and Mar live in north Alabama and if we're out of town for the weekend, you can bet we're up at their house. Marlene is a retired art teacher, a very talented artist, and a soon-to-be published author. I've had the privilege of catching a few sneak peaks at the manuscript as well as seeing the first draft of the cover. I can't wait to read it in its entirety! Here are a few of her paintings that I absolutely adore. Enjoy!

Mar and "The Annabelles"

A more detailed view of "The Annabelles"

Mar and her most recent "Pansy" painting

A detailed view

1 comment:

Goat Gal said...

That pansy painting is gorgeous! How blessed you are to have such a cool mother in law!