Monday, October 11, 2010

"Transforming Church in Rural America"

I was so excited when I saw this book on the Thomas Nelson website. This is a subject that is very dear to my heart and I hope to share a lot more about that in the near future!

Fear of change seems to be one of the largest stumbling blocks in small, rural churches and Shannon O'Dell tackles this subject with grace and blunt honesty. Small attendance, an ever-shrinking budget, and decades-long traditions are choking the life out of rural churches of ALL denominations. O'Dell offers fresh insight on how to overcome these obstacles and breathe new life into your church.

As someone from a church with a membership roll under 60, you better believe I will be recommending this book to everyone on our church board AND to everyone in our local ministries. Thumbs up, Mr. O'Dell!

No comments: