Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Missing New York (Semi-Wordless Wednesday!)


I am really missing New York this afternoon. I absolutely LOVE living in the south, but there's a tiny part of me that misses Niagara Falls. I miss my family up there most of all. I was never really able to develop a close relationship with most of them and that is something that bothers me to this day.

I was looking through boxes of my grandmother's old pictures (think early to late 1950's) that were taken when they were starting their family in Niagara Falls. The pictures preserved a type of unadulterated innocence that this generation missed out on. The town is SO different now. For those of you who have visited the area more than over the past 10 years, you know exactly what I mean.

As I wrap up what was supposed to be a Wordless Wednesday post, I'll leave you with some more pictures from our January/February trip up there. Keep in mind that this was Brett's first trip up there (even though his dad was born in Buffalo)! :)

I just adore this picture of Brett! This Florida boy was COLD!

My great-grandmother worked here until she retired at age 83 and moved back to Alabama.

I love this picture of Brett and I. As soon as we got home, I framed it!

This is one of my favorite places on Earth! I could eat here every day...literally.

For reference, Brett is 6'3".

Niagara Falls State Park. For the record, the sign is accurate, too. We found that out first hand!

P.S. I added a new song to my playlist this afternoon. I've tweeted several times (and blogged!) about "Hosanna", my favorite song on Selah's new CD. Christy Nockels has also recorded this song and she does an awesome job with it! Listen and see for yourself!

1 comment:

Amanda E. Perrine said...

As a Buffalo native, I often went to the Falls growing up and never miss a chance to take visitors when I head home. Thanks for the great pictures:-)