Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sufficient Grace

2 Corinthians 12:9 has been speaking to my heart now for the past several days (and when I say speaking to my heart I really mean making me bawl my eyes out and lay myself bare before Him.) I'm partial to both NIV and NLT translations, but this verse speaks to me more powerfully in the NIV form.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Cor 12:9

According to dictionary.com, the theological definition of grace is the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. Free. Unmerited. Favor. Love. God places no price on His love. It's free. None of us are worthy of His favor, yet He gives it freely out of love. I'm prideful, selfish, stubborn, spiritually weak, and a laundry list of others too great to count, yet God clearly states that His power is made perfect in my weakness. My weaknesses are nothing to be ashamed of; according to 2 Cor 12:9, I should be proud of them for they make me more malleable to God.

On a wonderful side note, today was the release date for Selah's new CD, "You Deliver Me" and I can honestly say that this is my favorite Selah CD to date. Brett and I had the great honor to listen to several of the songs back in March and April and were SO excited when our copy of the CD came in the mail yesterday. I can honestly say that my favorite song on the entire CD is "Hosanna" and I've probably listened to it AT LEAST 10 times today alone. If this CD doesn't open your heart to worship Him, I don't know what will.

Pete Wilson, pastor of CrossPoint Nashville, is giving away 5 copies of "You Deliver Me" on his blog, so stop in and enter!

No comments: