Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A God Thing

My wonderful mother-in-law has been working on her book for many months. These past few weeks have been wrapping up loose ends, editing all the pictures, and a final proof-read and edit session before sending it to her publisher. I was completely honored (and floored!) when she asked me to be the one to wrap up those ends. We worked on it for a few hours Monday night and then for several more yesterday. I took a break yesterday afternoon to drive up to the top of the mountain for some meditiation and prayer and came back to the book with a new goal: get it sent to the publisher on April 7th. This was a small way that I could honor Audrey. I can't remember the last time I focused on something as hard as I did on that book last night...and at 11:57 p.m. on April 7, 2009 the book was sent into the publisher!

As far as we were concerned, I wasn't supposed to have been here to help with the book. We were supposed to have left yesterday morning for a 7 hour drive east. We learned on Sunday that there was an unexpected delay and we'd be here until this morning. Coincidence? Maybe. God? DEFINITELY. Mar and I were talking last night as we were uploading the book and we both feel that God ordained last night for a reason. Maybe that reason was a tiny way that I could honor and always remember Audrey. Maybe God had a completely different reason behind it that He'll reveal to us soon. No matter how you slice it, it was a God thing.

Oh. And for the record. It snowed here yesterday. :)

No comments: