Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Snow

**Update: Pictures are now added!**

Today is April 7th, and for those of you who follow the blog of my sweet friend Angie, you know that today marks the one year anniversary of the birth and death of her beautiful daughter Audrey Caroline. Brett and I were blessed to have been able to spend yesterday with her. When God started to weave Audrey's story he was also weaving a piece of mine and Brett's story as well. I can't wait to update on what's been going on with us, but I'm going to hold off until everything is finalized.

Sweet Angie, Todd, Ellie, Abby, Kate (and Sawyer, too!) - Our hearts are with you today and we will be lifting each of you up in prayer today. We love you guys!

During our Nashville trip, we saw a few snow flurries at a very important location. (More on that later!) I looked at Brett and Angie and I knew instantly that they knew what I was thinking. Those of you who know me, know just how excited I get in the snow (even though my family is from Niagara Falls and I've seen PLENTY of it over the years.)

Last night on the way back from Nashville we saw a few snow flurries at the base of the mountain. I prayed aloud to God that if the decision we're in the process of making is the right one, to please show us a sign. Not a mile later, the snow started to fall heavily. We pulled off at an exit and I stepped out of the car and into the beautiful snow that was falling on top of the mountain. As tears filled my eyes, I knew He had answered my prayer in the most obvious way possible. As I looked closer at each unique white flake that landed on my car, I was reminded of the blood Jesus shed to wash our sins and make us snow white. Each person is unique, just like each snowflake that fell from the sky. It was also a beautiful reminder that as Christians we are to respect and accept the uniqueness of each other. Simply put, G-R-A-C-E.


I have so many jumbled thoughts and I seem to lack a way to get them out this morning. Before I wrap this up, I want to ask each of you for prayers for precious baby Stellan. They finally have a new care plan in place and we're in prayer that this will help him defeat his SVT/arrhythmia issues. His mother, MckMama, is traveling a very hard road that each mother prays she will never have to walk. Please pray for her to have the wisdom she needs as she advocates for precious son, rest for her weary body, mind, and spirit, and peace that He alone can give.

Baby Kaden came through his second shunt surgery without any complications and if all goes well, he'll be coming home next Sunday. Please pray for his continued healing.


Finally, those of you who follow
Angie's blog have more than likely heard the song "Unredeemed" that she posted on April 5. It is going to be released on Selah's new record (that is coming out in August!!!) If you've not had the chance to hear it, GO NOW! Curb is only allowing her to have it up for 3 days and the we're 2 days into the countdown. :)

No comments: